This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Sunday, August 29, 2010

a WIP shawl and some everyday beauty

Almost entering Spring here in Australia, the nights are still cool though which is great as I've just started a south bay shawlette in a gorgeous gradient yarn. The pattern is well written and the two row repeat is very easy to remember so you are soon on your way...I miscounted so had to frog back 5 rows the other night when I started so haven't got as much done as I wanted at this point.











Next are some gorgeous flower pics in my front garden - they brighten my day so I thought you might like them to brighten yours as well.
The pink 'stick' is an azalea, before it flowered it had only four leaves on that one stick, but that one 'stick' was not to be outdone in the garden and therefore shows us that beauty can be found in anything - even a stick!
My marigolds really need to be planted out in the garden bed but I just haven't had a lot of time. Orange is such a cheery color!


1 comment:

Noelle said...

I love marigolds- so cheerful!
We had them in the garden when I was a kid. I remember waiting for the flowers to die off, then after the petals fell off there would be dried seeds left in the centre. We would collect them and plant them, so we had a massive marigold collection!