This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Friday, May 6, 2011

Saving prayers...

It always amazes me what things people throw away, especially if it is someone elses and they don't know or don't care.......A lovely friend on ravelry sent me a swap package and included was this:

Part of the note on the front of the envelope read:
They were going to throw away this broken rosary so I rescued it - just didn't seem right to throw it away
I opened the envelope and pulled it out - it is broken and the medal is worn but you can feel the prayers, the many prayers that were once whispered as the beads were run through warm fingers......It's beautiful because of what it is now, not because of what it once was when it was new and unbroken.
How many prayers have we as mothers or women put up only to feel broken, in deep despair and lost in desperation but yet we still have the strength to carry on somehow? Because we are truly never broken...battered and beaten sometimes with bit's chipped or broken off but the light is still there, WE are still there and it's the prayers we utter that are the ultimate gift to ourselves because they whisper thru the words we say  that we care and we have the strength to go on......


I'm editing to add one of my favorite sites for prayer - it really is a beautiful, inspiring site 

1 comment:

Zoobeedoobee said...

You can never under estimate the power of a prayer. Just to know some one is praying for you your own or that you are praying for someone else. Is a wonder that is more powerful that any thing like magic. I Love your analogy of broken beads being like a mother or woman, lost and despairing, but still with the strength to carry on. you made my day Krisie :)