This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Prem Angel Burial Buntings Pattern


THIS PATTERN MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, SOLD OR DISTRIBUTED IN ANY WAY THOUGH IT MAY BE USED FOR PERSONAL OR CHARITY USE! Thank you.


These are my special premature angel burial buntings.
I designed these for use in hospitals to help comfort parents whose babies are stillborn or passed.
They feature an in built pouch/pocket and a wrap overlay that ties with ribbon.
The two photos show them closed and open.
They are best made in soft, pastel colored baby yarn.
Guage is not important as any size made will fit some little angel.
Please consider making some for charity as I do.

Pattern:
As sizing isnt important you can ch anything from 10ch to 20ch or more for a newborn angel
Lets say CH 17 (same size as blue one in photo)

ROW 1: DC in 3rd CH from hook and in each across, CH 3 turn.

ROW 2 and following 13 rows: DC in each ST across, CH 3 turn.

14th ROW: DC2Tog, DC to last two stitches, DC2Tog, CH 1 turn.

15th ROW: DC2Tog, DC to last two stitches, DC2Tog, CH 1 turn.

16th ROW: DC2Tog, DC to last two stitches, DC2Tog, CH 1 turn.

17th ROW: DC2Tog, DC to last two stitches, DC2Tog, CH 1 turn.

18th ROW: SC in each st across and all the way down the side folding up the bottom of the piece to form a pocket (fold up 6 rows) and continue SC down side joining both pieces together and continue around bottom (3 SC in each corner) and up other side to top joining with SL ST to first SC.

Now SL ST down side to one ST above pocket opening, SC in that ST and in the following STs leaving last two ST, CH 1 turn.

SC in each ST across (you are forming the side flap) CH 1, turn.
REP SC rows until you reach middle of pocket......ending with last ST at top of pocket flap.
SL ST across top of flap to edge and continue with SC around top of bunting and other side to two ST from bottom, CH 1 turn and REP rows as for other flap.
Finish off.

With ribbon of your choice tie it thru each side with a bow in middle to close flaps.


Any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer. My pattern writing skills are not always 100% accurate, I'm only human, so please just ask if you have any questions.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much. I'll get some of these made for Bonny Babes!