This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Friday, July 15, 2011

My first ever socks!!!!!

And I am more than proud that both of them are finished!!!
Just a basic pattern I found in one of my many pattern books on the shelf....yay I knit from my shelf....with a gorgeous hand dyed bamboo/merino blend.
I double stranded all of the socks except for the ribbed cuffs so that they are a little more durable for little feet.
THIS link really helped me to understand the sock parts and pieces making it much easier to see where I was going..............
For anyone too scared to pick up some small needles (I magic looped btw) and a sock pattern I say close your eyes and go for it. Trust the pattern and knit what you read...it's so much easier than you think!!!


No comments: